Friday, May 29, 2015

Website Designed to Lure ISIS Brides Is a Real 'Burka Ripper'

You all know what a "bodice ripper" is, right? Well, a burka ripper (my coinage) is kind of in the same vein but for a different--and very specific--audience:
London (CNN)"I made my little steps ... I was trembling. Nervous. Scared..." Shams' breathless prose reads like a trashy romance novel, as she describes every tiny detail of her first meeting with her husband-to-be. 
"After [a] few minutes, I flipped my Niqab. He looked at me, our eyes [caught] each other's. I had palpitation[s] faster than the speed of light. 
"He smiled. And he asked a question that I shall never forget for the rest of my life. 'Can we get married today?'" 
But this is no stereotypical fairy tale, and there's no "happily ever after" ending...
 Right, it's more like a "dead ever after."


No comments: