Monday, January 29, 2018

Age Old Canard Detected In Grammy-Losing Rap Song

A "delightful" Jay-Z number was nominated for Best Rap Song at last night's Grammys (It lost out to Kendrick Lamar's "Humble"). I was intrigued enough by its title--"The Story of O.J."--to google the lyrics. Here's but a taste (my bolds):
Light nigga, dark nigga, faux nigga, real nigga
Rich nigga, poor nigga, house nigga, field nigga
Still nigga, still nigga
Light nigga, dark nigga, faux nigga, real nigga
Rich nigga, poor nigga, house nigga, field nigga
Still nigga, still nigga
You wanna know what's more important than throwin' away money at a strip club? Credit
You ever wonder why Jewish people own all the property in America? This how they did it
Financial freedom my only hope
Fuck livin' rich and dyin' broke
I bought some artwork for one million
Two years later, that shit worth two million
Few years later, that shit worth eight million
I can't wait to give this shit to my children
Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for nine ninety-nine
I turned that two to a four, four to an eight
I turned my life into a nice first week release date, mm
Y'all out here still takin' advances, huh?
Me and my niggas takin' real chances, uh
Y'all on the 'gram holdin' money to your ear
There's a disconnect, we don't call that money over here, yeah
I know, I know--it ain't exactly Cole Porter. But it's the out-and-out Jew-hate that's most objectionable, at least to me. The Jews own "all the property in America"? I'd call that one an oldie but a baddie. And such a pernicious lie, especially when you consider that this modest homestead is the property of none other than Jay-Z (and his immensely rich, property-owning wife).

Update: And speaking of Jew-haters--it's a Farrakhanapalooza!

No comments: