Friday, July 29, 2011

TDSB Appreciation Society

The Muslim Students' Association (a Muslim Brotherhood creation) encourages folks to send this missive to Toronto Dhimmi School Board trustees (H/T MH):
Dear TDSB staff,
As a Canadian Muslim, I would like to pass on my deepest appreciation to you and your colleagues for allowing Friday prayers to be accommodated at the Valley Park Middle School. Your firm stance on appropriate religious accommodation is an affirmation of my human rights, the Muslim community, and every Canadian.
The five daily prayers, including the Friday prayer, are central, indispensable tenets of the Islamic faith, and I want to believe that my country, province, and city can respect that!
Again, it is a extreme joy to see you and others in the TDSB stand up for the rights of students to appropriate accommodation within public schools. It makes me proud to be Canadian today! Thank you!
Regards,
Well, at least we know what it takes to make them "proud" Canadians--transforming a Toronto public school into a Saudi-style house of worship.



Update: Here's another letter to a compliant dhimmi from an appreciative Muslim:

Pandit Roopnauth Sharma
President, the Hindu Federation
C/o 270 Export Boulevard,
Mississauga Ontario L5S 1Y9

Dear Pt. Sharma;

I am writing to you on behalf of the Canadian Islamic Congress to convey our sincere appreciation for the Hindu Federation’s support of the Toronto District School Board in its recent positive statement regarding prayer time and space given to Muslim students at Valley Park Middle School.

Along with your organization, CIC recognizes that the TDSB has acted not only in a humane and generous way toward strengthening interfaith understanding, but also
upheld its constitutional responsibilities by ensuring that all students are allowed free access and opportunities to take part in worship as their respective religious traditions require.

It is inspiring and gratifying that people of different faiths and cultures can come together with a unified, positive voice to support what is best for our children and our communities.

Thank you for giving public attention to this very important issue.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Wahida Valiante,
National President, Canadian Islamic Congress
Chair, Islamic History Month Canada
Update: Wherein a letter recipient replies--in song:

Give me a tribute for my dhimmitude.
Ain't got time to sit there and brood.
Sha-ree-ah is here,
Please give it a cheer.
Wahida, she wrote me a letter.

I don't care if all of us go and submit.
Long as we're "nice" you know won't hurt a bit.
Sha-ree-ah is here,
Please give it a cheer.
Wahida, she wrote me a letter.

Well, she wrote me a letter
Said she thinks Islamic law is constitutional.
Missus is so thrilled to see
The TDSB's made it institutional,
Hip hurray!

Give me a tribute for my dhimmitude.
Ain't got time to sit there and brood.
Sha-ree-ah is here,
Please give it a cheer.
Wahida, she wrote me a letter...

No comments: