Sunday, September 11, 2011

'Funny' Muslim Lashes Out

Alleged comedian Aman Ali is fed up--like, had it up to here--with Muslims having to "apologize" for 9/11:
New York (CNN) – As a Muslim, I’m sick of people asking me how I feel about 9/11. What do you want me to say, seriously?

Do you want me to say, “It was a great plan, mwahahaha!” before I fly off on a magic carpet?

I was born and raised in this country and was just as shocked as everyone else to learn there were people on this earth so vile as to commit such a horrific attack - or to even think about doing it.

But I didn’t do it. Neither did 99.999999999 percent of the roughly 1.5 billion people in the world who also call themselves Muslims. So why should I or any other Muslim apologize for what happened?

Nickleback is planning on releasing another album. Should I ask white people to apologize for that?

Just like Christianity and Judaism, Islam unequivocally condemns terrorism. Don’t take it from me, though. Grab a copy of the Quran from a library and find out for yourself.
Don’t rely on some cherry-picked crackpot interpretation of the Muslim holy book that you read on some Islamophobic hack’s poorly designed website. Speaking of which, Islamophobes need to put down the Quran and pick up a book on HTML programming and Flash...
So you mean when someone quotes the Quran's exhortation to "terrorize your enemy," or dusts off one of the Prophet's old battle cries, that doesn't count because it's been "cherry-picked" by some "Islamophobe"?

Thanks, I'll try to bear that in mind next time it happens.

No comments: