Sunday, September 4, 2011

Her Heart Belongs to "Daddy"

CNN managed to find a Ukrainian nurse, formerly in the employ of Gaddafi (referred to by the nurses, revoltingly, as "Daddy"), who actually admires the tyrant. She says she hopes to return to Libya one day, but ventures without the merest trace of irony that things won't be the same without him.

Update: The Ukrainian nurse sings Porter:

While visiting
Some foreign king
I may get a yen for some taffy.
But--quel relief!--it's bad for "me teef"
And my heart belongs to Gadaffi.

Should I perchance
Desire to dance
To that well-known whale song by Raffi,
I'll see that he's
Not my cup of tea
'Cause my heart belongs to Gadaffi.

Yes, my heart belongs to Gadaffi,
So I must be out of my head.
Yes, my heart belongs to Gadaffi,
(Is he deh-deh-deh-deh
Deh-deh-dead?)
Now, I don't want you to laffi,
But I think it's perfectly fine
That he liked to wear my dresses,
And Gadaffi in them looked divine.

No comments: