Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cartooning Lunacy

I'm not terribly interested in the ongoing pissing contest between the B'nai Brith and the Ceej. However, it seems to me that the BB is right to be wary of certain 'toonists, especially those like Le Droit's Bado, who have involved themselves in a UN/EU project called "Cartooning for Peace." Here is a sampling of the "peaceful" artwork that has resulted from this effort. You'll notice that much of it looks like the kind of hair-raising stuff that was once featured in Der Sturmer and that today can be regularly found in the Jewry-loathing Arab press.

Update: Here's a short YouTube video in which one of the UN "peace" 'toonists--Palestinian Khalil Abu Arafeh--introduces himself and his work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good work!! I'll wait patiently for comments from J. Kay and Farber.

scaramouche said...

Thanks. I'm not holding my breath re their comments.