Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Roses are Red, Violet is Blue

From the Daily Mail comes this amusing report about a potty-mouthed stuffie:
A mother who bought a singing puppy toy to help teach her young daughter how to speak got the shock of her life when it began swearing.
Leigh McPherson thought she was being a responsible parent when she picked up the innocent-looking My Pal Violet teddy for four-month of baby Mia - until it began blurting out the f-word.
 The cuddly puppy, which Ms McPherson bought in Asda for £22, starts singing a number of pre-recorded song when its paw is squeezed.

In one ditty it appears to sing: 'If you're happy and you know it f*** with me, if you're happy and you know it f*** with me, if you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it f*** with me!'

The single mum from Banbury, Oxfordshire told The Sun: 'I couldn't believe it.

'I played it back three or four times.

'There is no mistaking what Violet is saying.'

The U.S. manufacturers of the toy, which has an American accent, have said it should be saying the word 'bark'...
 Kind of missed the mark there, no?

No comments: