Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cheer Up, Barry O. (and R.I.P. Davy J.)

By now you've probably heard that Davy Jones, late of the pre-fab four, has died. Although Davy was never my cuppa--I was more of a Mickey Dolenz gal myself--I thought I'd do him the honour of writing a parody of my favorite D.J.-crooned tune:

Oh, I could tear out my hair
When I see what's in the air--
Four more years of you and yours still there.
But between now and the 'lection
You may not look so fetchin'
And maybe someone else'll have a prayer.

Cheer up, Barry O,
Even though you blow
With your daydreams believers
And their status quo, oh, oh, oh.

They still think of you as a frikkin' messiah
Even though your feet are made of clay.
Oh, and the bad times are still here,
Even worse than they appear.
The question is: Will people make you pay?

Cheer up, Barry O...

No comments: