Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's a Wonderful Plan

Shockingly, the everything's-comin'-up-roses video posted below is still running on the White House website--as if everything were glitch-free. If I were an American who had recently had my health insurance canceled even though I liked my plan and wanted to keep it, I'd be tempted to hurl rotten eggs at my computer screen. I'm gobsmacked that the thing can remain up when so many of its promises have already been revealed to be little more than wishful thinking and pixie dust. (Did you know, for example, that every time someone successfully logs on to the O-Care website, an angel gets its wings?)

One thing I did learn that I hadn't heard anywhere else: did you know that if an insurance company has an overhead over 20% or more, it is obliged to send out compensatory cheques for the difference to those it's insuring? Which makes no sense whatsoever given that if these companies find they aren't making enough money, it says in the Affordable Care Act that the government must subsidize them.

The whole rickety apparatus is simply deranged.

No comments: