Friday, May 1, 2015

The Bush Push to Muddy the Reality of Islam

How well I recall when, soon after the attacks on 9/11, George W. Bush assured everyone that what had happened was an aberration because Islam--real Islam--was a genuinely peaceful religion. More than anything, it was that statement that started me on my study of the religion, so that I could verify the assertion. As it turned out, of course, I could not, jihad, sharia, the actions of Islam's founder and Islamic supremacism arguing against Dubya's bald and uninformed statement.

Now another Bush wants to be president, and he, too, fudges reality when he says that Islam has been "hijacked by barbarians."

Actually, Jeb, if you bothered to read up on the subject, you'd discover that the "barbarians" (i.e. the jihadis) have been there from the get-go.

No comments: