Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello Dali!

There are times in life when the surreal overtakes--no, better make that eradicates--reality. This, I have to say is one of them. For, along with including "Nazis" as a new victim group against whom "hate crimes" are perpetrated, the Toronto Police (the same constabulary that is supposedly labouring mightily to build a "hate crime" case against Salman Hossain, an effort which should more or less have been a slam-dunk) have identified a new "victim group"--and, no, I'm not making this up; I couldn't possibly make it up, even in my most fevered, diaboloical imaginings: the "non-Jewish shikshe."

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that said category is a tautology, since a "shiksha," the somewhat perjorative Yiddishism for "chick Gentile," obviously can't be Jewish, and thus has no need for a superfluous "non-Jewish" modifier. Be that as it may, it is difficult to know precisely what to make this new category. Blazing Cat Fur and Five Feet of Fury both have some thoughts on the subject of "Shiksaphobia" ("Shiksagate"?). As for me, I have to say that this report--and Ceej reaction to it--has left me, for once, completely and utterly gobsmacked.

My question: Just who is behind this alleged shiksa "hate" incident? A spurned Hasid? An Elder of Zion? An Official Jew?

Who, dammit, who, had a hate-on for a mangiacake girl (the Italian version of "shiksa")? ("Mangiacake": now there's a category that'll never show up as a victim group in a police "hate crime" report.)

Update: Let's blame it all on Barbara Hall. (h/t BCF)

Update: A real quandary for the cops--what happens when a "victim" straddles two "victim group" categories?

The police do not know what to do
If a shiksha’s a Nazi, too.
Does the “Nazi” trump “shiksa”
In a “hate crime” conviction
Or is “shiksa” the victim beaucoup?

Update: Yes, it's obvious but it needs to be said: When everything has been deemed a "human right" (excepting the most critical right--the right to free expression), the concept becomes a horse's patoot. When everyone has been declared a "victim" (excepting the wicked white "hegemon"), ditto.

4 comments:

Blazingcatfur said...

Ya know in my younger days I was pretty good soccer player, good enough that I played on Italian teams - a real rarity for a mangiacake.

scaramouche said...

I don't think Jews qualify as "mangaicakes" and, actually, Jews and Italians seem to get on really well, what our both having "mother" issues and being hyper-focused on food. I know when I went to High School, it was largely Jewish and Italian--which was great. But then the Jews seemed to move away and non-mangiacake black kids moved in, and the Italians and the black kids did not get along. (Hey, we all saw that Spike Lee movie, didn't we?) My last year there resembled something out of West Side Story, with rumbles at school dances (because the Italians wanted to play their music, and the blacks wanted to play their music, and never the twain shall meet) and a never-identified arsonist who kept setting fired in washroom garbage bins.

David in North Burnaby BC said...

"Shiksagate"?

Enuff with the Watergate references already, everything with a "gate" behind it. Let's not forget all the Democrat scandals (the MSM will take care of that) How about Shiksaquiddick instead?

Blazingcatfur said...

I swear that woman is on drugs, scariest video I've seen in a long time. Do not let her near any sharp instruments.