Friday, November 6, 2015

The Name of the Stylish Slasher Store In Gaza Is, Of Course, Hitler 2

It's unclear from this JPost article whether there's a Hitler 1 (or a Hitler 3) or, indeed, whether Hitler 2 is the name of a chain or a stand-alone shop. No matter. The store is using social media to great effect in a town where the name "Hitler" has immense cachet:
This store has gained much of its fame from its Facebook page where pictures of the mannequins are on display.

"I saw an advertisement on Facebook so I wanted to pass by the shop because of the knife, the koufeyeh and the mask are now symbols for intifada of Al-Aqsa. I want to buy from this shop I like the idea as it is supporting our people in Jerusalem and the West Bank, I like the idea," added 20 year old Immad Mharib.

The name 'Hitler 2' has also attracted attention, which seems to raise the number of visitors to the clothing store.

"The name of the shop is 'Hitler' and I like him because he was the the most anti Jewish person. They have done us wrong, they took our rights in this land and they left us with nothing. It is better for us now to go and die, we are living like the dead. I like the clothes and the name, it is fantastic," said 20 year old Hijaz Abu Shanab.
They didn't leave you with nothing, Hijaz. For instance, you still have your Hitler.

No comments: