Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Great Debate That Sounds Like It's an April's Fool Joke--But Isn't

Given the date, I hope I can be forgiven for thinking at first that this was Steyn pulling our collective legs:
If you haven't made plans for April Fool's Day, you won't want to miss this
EIGHTEENTH SEMI -ANNUAL MUNK DEBATE ANNOUNCED
HOW DO WE RESPOND TO THE GLOBAL REFUGEE CRISIS?
Louise Arbour, Nigel Farage, Simon Schama, and Mark Steyn convene in Toronto, Canada, to debate the pressing issue of our time 
Mme Arbour, former UN High Commissioner for Refugees and Chief Prosecutor for the Yugoslav and Rwandan war crimes tribunals, will be joining with Professor Schama, the eminent British historian, to propose the motion
Be it resolved, give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free... 
Mark and UKIP leader Nigel Farage will be opposing it.
Now that I know it's for real, I don't know if I could bear listening to Louise "I Hate Israel" Arbour and Simon Schama Schama Schama Chameleon arguing in favour of this nonsense, even if Farage and Steyn make up the "nay" side.

No comments: