Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rush to Judgement

In line with his confreres on the left who can't stand opposition to their agenda and are quick to label it as "scary" and/or "seditious," Toronto Star scribbler Mitch Potter queries: Is paranoid U.S. losing (its) grip on reality?'

I think I'll let "seditionist" Rush Limbaugh field that one:

Like the millions of citizens who’ve peacefully risen up and attended thousands of rallies in protest, I seek nothing more than the preservation of the social contract that undergirds our society. I do not hate the government, as the left does when it is not running it. I love this country. And because I do, I insist that the temporary inhabitants of high political office comply with the Constitution, honor our God-given unalienable rights, and respect our hard-earned private property. For this I am called seditious, among other things, by some of the very people who’ve condemned this society?
I reject the notion that America is in a well-deserved decline, that she and her citizens are unexceptional. I do not believe America is the problem in the world. I believe America is the solution to the world’s problems. I reject a foreign policy that treats our allies like our enemies and our enemies like our allies. I condemn the president traveling the world apologizing for America’s great contributions to mankind. And I condemn his soft-peddling the dangers we face from terrorism. For this I am inciting violence?
The left reminds me of that old Peanuts line: They love mankind. It's (ordinary) people they can't stand. Especially ones who balk at their warrior-God, Sillyman the Magnificent.

1 comment:

Jim R said...

"They love mankind. It's (ordinary) people they can't stand."

As evidenced by several derogatory comments O's made amongst fellow travelers when he thought the mike wasn't on him....or more likely, his worshipers the MSM, wouldn't report it.

An he was right. The most infamous of his demeaning dumbness:

"It's not surprising then they (Pennsylvanians) get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

was made at a fund raiser in San Fransicko, the people he most enjoys traveling with, and the person who reported it was a blogging free lancer Mayhill Fowler. She got her 15 seconds of fame before the MSM killed it.

The sick irony of the left is they purport to stand for the 'little' people, when in fact they have zero respect for them.

And if nothing else, O's is about as left as they come.