Inclusion Day ConferenceThe CHR invites you to submit a proposal for the attend the 6th annual Inclusion Day Conference 2015
There's a crucial area that I doubt will be explored: How to be open to debating with those whose opinion/political orientation differs from yours in that it is not the default leftism of academe and other societal elites.Theme: Past Histories & Present Stories: Finding Meaning in Human RightsThe conference, being held January 28, 2015, at the Keele campus, will explore the following themes:
- How are human rights made real?
- How are identities navigated/changed?
- What are the new human rights battles being fought or are we still fighting the same issues from the past?Some of the areas that proposals could focus on, but are not limited to:
- Indigenous knowledge
- Intersectional identities
- Race and racialization
- Gender expression/expectations/identity
- Business, Science & Human Rights
- Knowledge production & pedagogy
- Immigration/Refugee issues
- Community leadership & mobilisation
- Sexual orientation
- Social Media & Human Rights