Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is Public Lactation 'Un-Islamic'?

Apparently:
A breast-feeding mother has been ordered out of council offices after staff said it would 'cause an uproar' among Muslim visitors, it has been claimed.
Emma Mitchell, 32, was about to feed her 19-week-old son, Aaron, when a receptionist at Oldham Civic Centre told her it was a 'multicultural building'. 
When she was told to use the toilets of a nearby shopping centre she argued with a manager before being offered an empty room under supervision.
Ms Mitchell, a carer who is currently on maternity leave, said: 'It was just awful. I felt humiliated, intimidated and guilty through the whole thing.
'We all live in Oldham and we all use this building, and I was doing what was one of the most natural things a mum can do.

'If someone from another culture started praying in the waiting room, I wouldn't say, "Excuse me, you're offending me" I would respect it because it's their culture...
I'm sure the La Leche League (or whatever its U.K. equivalent is) will be vociferously complaining about this outrage...whenever multiculti is no longer de rigueur.

No comments: