Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Shouldn't Have Looked

I wasn't going to look at the Toronto Star or the Globe and Mail when they arrived on my doorstep this morning; the thought of reading their reports on the flotilla raid made me queasy bordering on the full-out nauseated. By accident, though, I caught a peek of the Globe's front page. The article, by Israel-deplorer Patrick Martin, has this headline: AFTER DEADLY RAID, ISRAEL STANDS ALONE

That disgusting assertion compelled me to respond. Here's my letter:
You’re wrong, Mr. Martin. Israel does not stand alone. Despite the hyped up response to the flotilla raid; despite the disproportionate response whenever Israel, pushed to the wall, takes action to defend itself; despite the overwrought handwringing in Europe and the Arab world, places that have succumbed to Zionhass, the Jew-hate of our age, and loathe Israel not for what it does but for what it is (Jewish); despite all that there are still many millions of people who cherish freedom and democracy, values which Israel resolutely stands for in the face of a concerted, existential threat from those who despise those values, and who seek to expunge them--and Israel, first in their line of fire--from the world.
“Israel stands alone”? No. Never.

4 comments:

Josephine said...

Excellent!

Paul said...

... screw Patrick Martin and the rest of the goat chucking surrender monkeys at G&M and The Toronto Crescent.

Unknown said...

I promote you to letters editor of the Globe and Mail and The Toronto Star! .. (I wish)!!!! Fabulous letter!

scaramouche said...

Thanks.