Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Unbearable Fluffiness of Being

Mark Steyn performed "a medley of his hit" Marshmallow World last night, thereby inserting that infernal melody worm into my brain where it continues to replay on an endless loop. (Other songs, "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Besame Mucho" among them, have that effect on me too: once I hear 'em, I can't get rid of 'em.) A good way to try to dislodge it, I thought, might be to write up my account of last night's talk--along with some my own observations--in the form of a fluffy (albeit heavy) song parody. So here goes:

It's a marshmallow world in Trudeaupia,
Full of icky fake niceness and fluff.
Where the thought police
Keep domestic peace
And crack down if you say mean stuff.

Those "security reasons" embrace you
With the warmth of an "interfaith" hug.
Where the ISNA group certifies your soup
And they drink their Kool-Aid by the jug.

The world is your oyster
If you're "elite."
Life is so sweet, they'll fall at your feet.
The world is your oyster if you agree
To shun all "controversy".

It's a nut-nutty world full of students
Disinclined to get on with their lives.
'Cuz in academe it's just like a dream
And the thought of real work gives you hives.

The world's like Obama,
Got a big hole.
Missing a soul.
Sharia's the goal.
The world's like Obama--
Glib and jejune.
Wants all to sing the same tune.

It's a yuck-yucky place of delusion,
One that banishes thoughts of jihad.
Should you criticize 
Multiculti lies
They will say you're the one who is bad...

(Alternate verse:
It's a crap-crappy world of enforcers
Who pretend there is nothing amiss.
Losing rights, you see,
Incrementally
Sets you up for the blackest abyss.)

Update: BCF took photos.

Update: LG&F has some good shots too.

6 comments:

Josephine said...

I love your lyrics!

Thanks for the link!

scaramouche said...

Thanks, and you're welcome.

Andrew Lawton said...

I love this Scaramouche!

scaramouche said...

Thanks, Andrew (or should I say imam?).

jill said...

Now it's in MY head. But I don't mind.

Awesome job with the lyrics!

scaramouche said...

Thanks, Jill. And sorry about that.