Monday, December 22, 2014

With Zionhass Raging, Do Jews Have a Future in the U.K.? The Jewish Head of BBC TV Is Dubious

The future looks bleak, he thinks:
The director of BBC television has said the rise in antisemitism over the past year has made him doubt the future for Jews in the UK. 
At a conference in Jerusalem on Sunday, Danny Cohen said: “I’ve never felt so uncomfortable being a Jew in the UK as I’ve felt in the last 12 months. And it’s made me think about, you know, is it our long-term home, actually. Because you feel it. I’ve felt it in a way I’ve never felt before actually.  
“And you’ve seen the number of attacks rise. You’ve seen murders in France. You’ve seen murders in Belgium. It’s been pretty grim actually. And having lived all my life in the UK, I’ve never felt as I do now about antisemitism in Europe.” 
Mr Cohen who grew up in London and went to a Jewish primary school, was attending a two-day conference at the Jerusalem Cinematheque on the ability of comedy to drive forward social change. He took over as BBC director in 2013...
My view: turning to comedy is a great way to blow off steam and preserve one's sanity, but in the age of political correctness and sharia-based anti-"blasphemy" efforts, comedy in and of itself can't and won't safeguard our freedoms, much less "drive forward social change" (whatever the heck that means).

No comments: