Register now for Dare to Dance!TDSB students in Grades 9 to 12 are invited to participate in Dare to Dance, the third annual TDSB Dance Challenge!OMG, TDSB, does every freaking thing have to be about "social justice"? Whatever happened to art for art's sake? (Or to dancing for the sheer joy/physical challenge of dancing? I'd argue that one of the reasons it's still bliss to watch Fred and Ginger trip the light fantastic is that their dancing is 100% free of any "social justice message.")
Why should you participate in Dare to Dance?
- Dance for a just world and start the school year with energy and excitement
- Create and perform a dance with a social justice message
- Choose any dance style or fusion of styles you wish
- Work with Tré Armstrong, judge on So You Think You Can Dance, Canada
- Work with professional dancers and choreographers
Sunday, September 23, 2012
The TDSB Invites Students to "Dare to Dance" for "Social Justice"
Found this on the TDSB site: