Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Passover 2010

I'm up to my elbows in matzoh ball mix and brisket fixings and wanted to wish y'all a 'chag sameach' while I had the chance. Blogging will be light/sporadic for the next couple of days while I'm busy cooking up a storm. It would be great if you could drop by for a taste because damn, I'm good.

Cooking update: Just tasted the chicken soup. It's 2 die 4. And the matzoh balls--they'd float away if I didn't put foil wrapping on top. Brisket's still cooking. My secret: cook it at a low temp for a long time. Of course, the red wine, onion, garlic and fresh rosemary help, too. Alas, I can't thicken the juices with flour to make a delectable gravy, as I would during the rest of the year.

10 comments:

Marky Mark said...

you mean you don't deliver? Looks good--chasg sameach.

scaramouche said...

Thanks, MM. No, I don't deliver--except at home and whatever I can cart over to the relatives. Happy holiday to you and yours, too.

Marky Mark said...

Thanks. I will try-recovering still from major surgery so if nothing else this one will be memorable!

scaramouche said...

Sorry to hear about the surgery; glad to hear you're on the mend.

Josephine said...

All the best to you & yours this Passover, Scaramouche.

scaramouche said...

Thanks, Josephine.

Ms. Doubt49 said...

Beautiful table! Chag Pesach Sameach. Ba shana aba' a bYerushalyim

Jim R said...

You're making me religiously hungry Scaramouche.

scaramouche said...

Thanks, Ms. D.

scaramouche said...

You'd be even hungrier if you could smell it, Jim.