Saturday, March 20, 2010

The 'Wizard' of Nooroz

More imbecilic "outreach" to megalomaniacal (also just plain maniacal) jihadis who are building a bomb to nuke the Jews (from the inept squish who's doing diddly to stop them). From CNN:
(CNN) -- President Obama reiterated his offer of dialogue with Tehran in a message on Saturday to mark the beginning of the Iranian new year.
The online video, subtitled in Farsi, was timed to coincide with Nooroz, a festival celebrating the Persian new year. It pledged the administration's commitment to a more hopeful future for Iran.

"I want the Iranian people to know what my country stands for," Obama said in the message. "The United States believes in the dignity of every human being, and an international order that bends the arc of history in the direction of justice -- a future where Iranians can exercise their rights, to participate fully in the global economy, and enrich the world through educational and cultural exchanges beyond Iran's borders."

Obama said though Iran has "chosen to isolate itself, " he is open to dialogue.
"That is why, even as we continue to have differences with the Iranian government, we will sustain our commitment to a more hopeful future for the Iranian people," he said...
...Obama's message comes as international allies call for sanctions on Iran over its nuclear program, which they say will be used for weapons. Iran has maintained the program is for peaceful energy purposes.
"We are working with the international community to hold the Iranian government accountable because they refuse to live up to their international obligations," he said. "But our offer of comprehensive diplomatic contacts and dialogue stands."

There was no immediate response from President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Obama's message.
No doubt he was too busy chortling hysterically to reply.

Update: Powerline's Scott Johnson calls Obama "a nattering nabob of Nooroz"; Claudia Rosett, who some days ago speculated as to what Obama might say in this year's Nooroz message, need speculate no longer.

Update: The 'Wizard' of Nooroz sings:

I would nix it with the grovel,
Not let friendships unrovel,
I'd know who was untrue.
And I wouldn't be verbose-y
Or leave things to Ms. Pelosi
If I only had a clue.

I'd stand up to Ayatollahs.
Not pass things holus-bolus
As I am wont to do.
Bad ideas I won't be heedin'--
Turn the U.S. into Sweden--
If I only had a clue.

Oh I could tell you why
Some Muslims hate us bad.
I would tell you that it's all about jihad,
And how it kind of drives 'em mad.

I would not be such a weenie
Or try to be Houdini,
A magician through and through.
And you know it won't be moi who
Picked a fight with Netanyahu
If I only had a clue.

2 comments:

gama said...

Who can take a mushroom-Cloud
sprinkle it in dew
cover it in chocolat
and a miracle or two ?
the Obama-man
the Obama-man can
the Obama-man can cause he mixes it with nuts and makes the world taste good !

scaramouche said...

I see I have some competition. Good one.